Thursday, May 31, 2007

Manaus to the Triple Frontier by Boat 5/22/07 - 5/27/07

Ah yes, the six day boat trip from Manaus . . . Well the journey left us with a lot of time on our hands to think about life´s mysteries and such...But really, the boat ride was SLOW and should have taken only three days if we were travelling downstream BUT travelling upstream has its benefits . . . its much more scenic since you travel by the river´s bank (to avoid the current.)
Actually, I got to drive the huge boat all by myself for a few minutes! And what did I do when I received this enormous responsibility? I immediately called the Brazilian Water Patrol (BWP)
and threw that damn Mishka straight off the boat...that lil´bastard.
Later, I decided to give that lil´punk another chance.
I guess I really love him, huh?
--------------------------------------------------
So what do you do on a boat for six days (besides eating and sleeping of course)??

You PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!
You can play CARDS
DOMINOS
CHESSAnd then there´s reading of course . . .
Basically, you become a nerd for a while -- but it sure beats watching TV the whole time!!All in all, a splendid good time! Destination: The Triple Frontier!!!! Where the borders of Peru, Brazil, and Colombia meet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sasha awesome!!!! I can't wait to see more pix!!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Guys
My huge hug from San Francisco
I love this city. The temperature is 60-70, can you imagine? I have such a great time. I have met my friend who I didn.t see for 30 years. The time means nothing and it is absolutely amasing
Love you
Raya

And the World Remained Silent said...

i love the both of you soooo much. you look so happy and so alive. it's tempting just to leave again but we must finish some things at home. tom and i have decided on a two year mark and then we're off to central and south america to follow your steps. i love it that mama has been bitten by the traveling bug while in san francisco and can sooo relate to our own journeys. we've all come full circle. it's beautiful. keep writing. keep living.